Job Vacancy - Receptionists
Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias (Music Centre) wish to appoint enthusiastic and reliable individuals with strong interpersonal skills to work as receptionists in the Centre’s office during the weekday evenings and Saturday mornings (term time only).
We welcome applications from individuals who are interested in working 2,3 or 4 shifts a week.
Please apply by letter and CV noting two referees addressed to Nia Hughes (email@example.com) CGWM, Galeri Caernarfon, Gwynedd. LL55 1SQ.
Closing date: midday, Monday 23rd April
RECEPTIONISTS CANOLFAN GERDD WILLIAM MATHIAS
Part time posts working during school term, approx. 39 weeks a year and answerable to the Director.
Usual hours (can vary): at least one shift per week and assisting at busy times. 4 to 5.5 hour shifts between the hours of 4pm - 9.30pm on weekdays and 9am - 2pm Saturday mornings.
Wages: minimum wage for the age. Holiday pay paid pro-rata.
Place of work: CGWM Galeri Caernarfon. You might occasionally be required to work from other locations where CGWM events are held.
- Welcome tutors, students and parents to the Centre and deal with any enquiries.
- Prepare the teaching rooms for the lessons ensuring that they are all tidy at the end of a shift.
- Act as main point of contact for students, tutors and parents during the shift.
- Deal with any messages or queries that arise during the shift.
- Transfer messages efficiently to the Director and Administrator
- Arrange tuition and workshop timetables
- Collaborate with other reception staff to ensure the smooth running of all CGWM activities.
- Take payments and prepare invoices.
- Supervise workshops and classes when required.
- Prepare posters and forms for CGWM activities
- Complete registers
- Adhere to all CGWM policies and code of conduct.
- The successful candidate(s) will need to attend a one day emergency first aid at work training course and be prepared to provide emergency first aid if required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate fluently in Welsh and English on paper and verbally.
- Strong literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
- The ability to work flexibly, independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience of working with the public is desirable.
As this post involves working with children and vulnerable adults successful candidates will need to obtain a satisfactory DBS check through CGWM.
We operate an equality and diversity policy and welcome applications from all sections of the community.