Job Vacancy - Wales International Harp Festival Organiser
Wales International Harp Festival IV, April 2018
Post: Festival Organiser
The fourth Wales International Harp Festival will be held at Galeri Caernarfon between 1st – 7th April 2018. The week long event, organised by Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias (Centre) attracts harpists from all over the world, and includes international competitions, concerts, workshops, master classes, seminars as well as educational workshops leading up to the festival.
Employer: Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias
Hours: To be discussed. An average of two and a half days per week with hours increasing nearer to the Festival.
Salary: To be discussed according to experience. Around £ 22,500 p.a.pro rata
Location: Caernarfon mainly with possibility of working some days from home.
Length of contract: 10 months starting 1st July 2017
Closing date for applications: 26th May 2017
How to apply: Application by CV and covering letter stating your reasons for applying and experience together with the names of two referees to:
Nia Hughes, Director
Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias,
Gwynedd LL55 1SQ.
For further information, contact Nia on 01286 685 230 / firstname.lastname@example.org
A new part time role over a 10 month period starting 1st July 2017. The appointed person will work closely with the Festival Director and the CGWM team. They will be accountable to the Director of CGWM.
The main responsibilities of this post will be:
- Administer all aspects and events leading up to the Festival, in consultation with the Director of the Festival.
- prepare materials and update the Festival website
- contract artists
- deal with registration of competitors and various inquiries
- arrange accommodation and travel of the artists and give advice on accommodation to competitors
- update social media sites of the Festival
- arrange team meetings and meetings with the Festival committee and help to recruit volunteers
- communicate effectively with the team of CGWM staff and Director of the Festival.
- Work alongside the Director of the Festival to reach financial targets, oversee and control the budget and report back to the Director of CGWM, the company accountant and Board of Directors.
- Arrange a programme of activity leading up to the Festival - create posters and registration forms for workshops, tutor contracts, compile databases by keeping in touch with the participants in the period leading up to the Festival. Being present on the day of activities.
- The Festival:
- Production of the Festival's official programme: collect the appropriate material e.g. photos, biographies, programme notes, advertisements and logos for transfer to the designer
- Collaborate with the Festival Director and the team to draw up a timetable of events and rehearsals by ensuring the availability of necessary equipment and spaces
- Work with CGWM staff on health and safety issues, child protection and risk assessments to ensure that all activities are kept within company policies
- Collaborate on implementing the marketing plan
- Deal with Visa applications for foreign participants
- High level of ability in administrative tasks including strong IT skills with experience of using spread-sheets and databases
- Experience in social media
- Ability to work methodically and accurately, to devise and maintain effective systems of record keeping and reporting accurately and on time
- Experience of event planning, including Festivals
- Dedicated, eager and reliable
- Able to work independently, but also a good team member; i willing to work flexibly as necessary to achieve goals
- Experience of basic financial management
- Ability to communicate effectively in Welsh and English, in writing and verbally
- Knowledge and understanding of music
- Experience in public relations and audience development
- Experience of volunteering, and / or management of volunteers
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle with business insurance (travel expenses reimbursed if working outside the work setting)
- Two referees
- Detailed statement will be required of the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) before any appointment can be confirmed.